For people with a possible (or probable) case of Behcet's disease
You've just been diagnosed with Behcet's disease.
Or you might have Behcet's, but no one will take you seriously.
Do any of these issues sound familiar?
- Healthcare providers who don't believe you're sick
- Test results that come back as normal
- Told you have herpes, even with negative test results
- Told you can't possibly have Behcet's, because:
* it's too rare
* you're not from the Middle East
* you're not blind
* you're not disabled
* you don't look "sick enough"
* your pathergy test isn't positive
* you're not HLA-B51 positive
No one should have to go through years of misdiagnoses, unnecessary psychiatric referrals, and dismissal from physicians when help is available. Whether you have Behcet's or a different illness, let me find the personalized medical information, support and referrals that you need to get your life back.
Go to the Contact page to get the process started. I look forward to hearing from you.
Joanne Zeis, Patient Pathfinders, PO Box 255, Uxbridge, MA 01569 USA